Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Class Reunion and an Entrepreneur's 3 Reasons Why

Well Everyone, here it is..... I officially attended my 25 year High School Class Reunion on October 6. I almost didn't go, but am so happy I did. It was an incredibly gratifying experience to reconnect with everyone and fill in the blanks of 25 years of living.

Of course, everyone wants to know what you're doing for a living and where you live. I got to thinking about what I do and why I do it. Why take the risk to be a home business entrepreneur? Why not work a job? I mean seriously, I walked away from a six figure consulting position with a well known international company to start a business working from home three years ago......

I've distilled it into three key points.... but first, PICTURES FROM THE REUNION



Ok, now the three reasons why I do what I do and will never work for corporate again.
And this is what I told my classmates who asked....

1. Money and Time: I had no leverage in corporate. If I am to serve as many people as possible and make the multiple six to seven figure annual income i deserve, I could not continue trading my time (Life) for money. I had to find leverage.

2. Flexibility and Family My daughter will never be warehoused in daycare. I waited long enough to have her in my life, I'm damn well going to spend as much time with her as possible:: daycare doesn't fit in that equation.

3. Flexibility and Family (part 2): My wife has a career she LOVES. Unfortunately, she's required to move every couple years as a Marine Corps Officer. As a corporate drone, crawling to work and back in the horrific traffic, I could never support her to the extent I do. I think Hawaii or Belgium will be the next assignment... nice... and I can make great money with my internet direct sales business from anywhere in the world. Now that's flexibility.

Happy Reunion.

In Service,
Matt Hempel
440.368.3535
www.YourNewLegacy.com

No comments: